Rufus 2.16 - With Rufus you can create bootable USB drives the easy way.
Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- you need to work on a system that doesn't have an OS installed
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you want to run a low-level utility
Since version 1.3.2, Rufus support UEFI as well as GPT for installation media, meaning that it will allow you to install Windows 7, Windows 8 or Linux in full EFI mode.
However, Windows Vista or later is required for full UEFI/GPT support. Because of OS limitations, Windows XP restricts the creation of UEFI bootable drives to MBR mode.
- Add an audiovisual cue on completion/error
- Add a workaround for ISOs using nonstandard Rock Ridge extensions (looking at you Kali Linux!)
- Notify user when an ISO is broken or truncated
- Notify user if other processes are accessing the drive before format
- List processes that are locking a drive on failure
- Improve verbosity of the Windows To Go process
- Other fixes and improvements