Avidemux 2.7.0 - Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license. The program was written from scratch by Mean, but code from other people and projects has been used as well. Patches, translations and even bug reports are always welcome.
- support for non-linear video editing, visual effects, and transcoding
- support for muxing (multiplexing) and demuxing
- support for popular subtitle formats: SUB, SSA, ASS, SRT
- has powerful scripting capabilities (tutorial available here)
- multiple filtering options: auto-resize, gauss smoothing, deinterlacing, chroma shifts, add black borders, etc.
- comes with a GUI (graphical user interface) and command line interface
- various output formats supported: MKV, Flash, AVI, MPEG-1/2, OGM, MP4, etc.
- built-in video encoders for: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, FFHuffYUV, FFV1, H.263, H.263+, HuffYUV, MJPEG, MPEG-4, Snow, x264, x264, Xvid, Y800
- built-in audio encoders for MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3), Vorbis, AAC, MPEG-1 layer 2 (MP2), AC-3, MPEG-1 layer 2 (MP2), Microsoft RIFF WAV PCM, LPCM
Core:FFmpeg switched to the 3.3.x branch
- Editing:Fixed frame computation bug that led to bad cutting (euma)
- i18n:Korean translation (sheppaul)
- win32:Put log files into the local folder (achim71)
- Jobs:Fix name of the executable search
- UI:Steplessly zoom paused video when the window is resized (euma)
- UI:Added Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut to copy the current PTS to clipboard (euma)
- Filter:eq2: UI improvements (euma)
- Decoding:Fix VP9 decoding
- Filter:Using rubber bands for crop too (me+euma)
- Build:Redone packaging on macOS
- Decoding:HEVC decoding via DXVA2 blacklisted on win32, active on win64
- New Filter:ADM ivtc
- Audio:Distinguish between AC3 and EAC3 when importing