Inkscape 0.92.2 - Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics editor similar to Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Freehand, or Xara X. What sets Inkscape apart is its use of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), an open XML-based W3C standard, as the native format.
The design process may begin by doodles on a napkin, a sketched mindmap, a photo of a memorable object, or a mockup in software which really wouldn't work to complete the project. Inkscape can take you from this stage to a final, professional-grade design format which is ready for publication on the web or in physical form.
If you are new to the process of creating vector graphics it may feel different, but you will quickly be pleased by the flexibility, and power Inkscape offers. Vector design is often the preferred method of image creation for logos, illustrations and art which require high scalability. The Inkscape application is used across a wide variety of industries (marketing/branding, engineering/CAD, web graphics, cartooning) and individual uses.
- Add a control point to the centers of rectangles, circles/ellipses and stars to make it easier to move them and to align them in a precise way.
- DPI Change: Command line option
--dpi-update-method=[none|scale-viewbox|scale-document]to batch-process legacy files.
- Improve selection chemistry z-stack ordering.
- Rework the object panel, including making shortcut handling respect user-defined shortcuts.
- Add ability to generate one path from multiple paths with LPEs in them.
- Automatically fix baseline spacing of
<flowDiv>flowed text elements when importing legacy documents.