FreeFileSync 9.6 for Windows - FreeFileSync is a free data backup software that helps you synchronize files and synchronize folders. It is designed to save your time setting up and running data backups while having nice visual feedback along the way. FreeFileSync is Open Source software.
FreeFileSync is a graphical file synchronization and folder comparison tool. This means that its main purpose is to speed up backup operations by examining the differences between source and target folders, and then only copy what is really needed rather than copy everything each time like disk cloning/imaging tools do.
Since synchronization is usually very fast and can be automated by creating batch jobs, it is easy to always have your important files backed up in a second location — without needing any cloud services at all.
The second core feature is folder comparison: With FreeFileSync, you can binary-compare entire folders and see exactly where the difference is. This is similar to what file diff tools do, but at a folder level. BTW file diff tools can be integrated into FreeFileSync, too.
- New installation command line option /disable_updates
- Fixed crash when closing main dialog during sync
- Fixed RealTimeSync crash after recursive mutex locking
- Improved file copy performance on macOS
- Clean up obsolete files during installation
- Don't use threads for running async command line (Linux)
- Avoid main dialog flash after minimized sync
- Disable file list export until after comparison
- Directly close progress dialog during sync
- Redirect escape key from main dialog to progress dialog
- Fixed startup delay during consistency checks
- Updated translation files