FreeFileSync 9.7 for Windows - FreeFileSync is a free data backup software that helps you synchronize files and synchronize folders. It is designed to save your time setting up and running data backups while having nice visual feedback along the way. FreeFileSync is Open Source software.
FreeFileSync is a graphical file synchronization and folder comparison tool. This means that its main purpose is to speed up backup operations by examining the differences between source and target folders, and then only copy what is really needed rather than copy everything each time like disk cloning/imaging tools do.
Since synchronization is usually very fast and can be automated by creating batch jobs, it is easy to always have your important files backed up in a second location — without needing any cloud services at all.
The second core feature is folder comparison: With FreeFileSync, you can binary-compare entire folders and see exactly where the difference is. This is similar to what file diff tools do, but at a folder level. BTW file diff tools can be integrated into FreeFileSync, too.
- New configuration management panel
- New column showing days since last sync
- Support starting FreeFileSync via Windows Send To
- Minimized memory operations for I/O buffer
- Allow multiple config selections on Linux
- New command line option -DirPair
- Fixed ENTER key not working for most dialogs (macOS)
- Show only one warning about failed directory locks
- Show correct sync time when resuming from sleep
- Don't resolve symlinks that are dropped via mouse
- Detect and notify LCMapString compatibility mode bug
- Fixed incorrect file permissions within macOS bundle
- Fixed wrong results dialog panel selection (Linux)