Shotcut 18.01 - Shotcut is a free, cross-platform, open source video editor that uses MLT. It can also do device capture and streaming output. We plan to include more live production features ala Telestream Wirecast and Livestream Producer. There are a few things in combination that make MLT and Shotcut unique and interesting. It is not monolithic meaning there is extensive power that can be used in command line utilities, scripts, and custom apps on a client or a server. It specifies a common, expressive XML schema for all applications - client or server. Shotcut and another MLT video editor, Kdenlive, use this XML as its project file format. And, it is open source and cross-platform.
- Wide format support.
- 4K resolution support.
- Audio mixing across all tracks.
- Video compositing across video tracks.
- Intuitive interface.
- Added Audio Spectrum Visualization filter.
- Added support for font size and italics to the Text filter.
- Added a Mask filter.
- Another important fix for accuracy of XML time values, particularly for non-integer frame rates.