Firefox 59.0.2 - A powerful, new engine that’s built for rapidfire performance. Better, faster page loading that uses less computer memory. Gorgeous design and smart features for intelligent browsing.
Brace yourself for an all-new Firefox. It’s fast. Really fast. It’s over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology from our advanced research group, and graced with a clean, modern interface. Today is the first of several releases, calling Firefox Quantum, all designed to get to the things you love and the stuff you need faster than ever before. Experience the difference on desktops running Windows, macOS, and Linux; on Android, speed improvements are landing as well, and both Android and iOS have a new look and feel.
Firefox was named the ”speed king” in independent benchmark and performance tests against other browsers. Save time and do just about anything quicker than before.
It’s easier than ever to personalize Firefox and make it work the way you do. No other browser gives you so much choice and flexibility.
Designed to be redesigned, get fast and easy access to the features you use most in the new menu. Open the “Customize” panel to add, move or remove any button you want. Keep your favorite features add-ons, private browsing, Sync and more, one quick click away.
- Invalid page rendering with hardware acceleration enabled.
- Windows 7 users with touch screens or certain 3rd party desktop applications which interact with Firefox through accessibility services may experience random browser crashes. Known 3rd party applications with issues: StickyPassword, Windows 7 touch screen.
- Browser keyboard shortcuts (eg copy Ctrl+C) don't work on sites that use those keys with resistFingerprinting enabled.
- High CPU / memory churn caused by third-party software on some computers.
- Users who have configured an "automatic proxy configuration URL" and want to reload their proxy settings from the URL will find the Reload button disabled in the Connection Settings dialog when they select Preferences/Options > Network Proxy > Settings...
- URL fragment identifiers break Service Worker responses.
- Users trying to cancel a print around the time it completes will continue to get intermittent crashes.
- Broken getUserMedia (audio) on DragonFly, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. Video chat apps either wouldn't work or be always muted.
- Various security fixes.