WinMerge 2.16.2 - WinMerge is a free software tool for data comparison and merging of text-like files. WinMerge is an Open Source differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.
WinMerge is highly useful for determining what has changed between project versions, and then merging changes between versions. WinMerge can be used as an external differencing/merging tool or as a standalone application.
Key Features Include:
- Visual differencing and merging of text files.
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap.
- Highlights differences inside lines.
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes.
- Location pane shows map of files compared.
- Moved lines detection.
- Compare folders in one level or recursive.
- Can show folder compare results flat or in a tree-style view.
- Regular Expression based file filters allow excluding and including items.
- Compares binary files in folder compare as well as text files.
- Shell Integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions).
- Archive file support using 7-Zip.
- Fast compare using file sizes and dates.
- Creates patch files (Normal-, Context- and Unified formats).