TortoiseGit 18.104.22.168 - TortoiseGit is a Windows Shell Interface to Git and based on TortoiseSVN. TortoiseGit is not an integration for a specific IDE such as Visual Studio, or Eclipse for instance, rather you can use it with whatever development tools you choose, and with any type of file. The main interaction with TortoiseGit will be via the context menu of a Windows explorer interface.
Key features include:
- All commands are available directly from Windows Explorer.
- Only commands that make sense for the selected file/folder are shown..
- Powerful commit dialog.
- Auto completion of paths and keywords of the modified files.
- Integration with issue tracking systems.
- Can apply patch files you got from users without commit access to your repository.
- Minimum log message length to avoid accidentally committing with an empty log message.
- Multi language support.
- Easy to use.
TortoiseGit is developed under the GPL. Which means it is totally free for anyone to use, including in a commercial environment, without any restriction whatsoever. The source code is also freely available, so you can even develop your own version if you need to.
TortoiseGit provides you with information such as regular tasks, committing, showing logs, diffing two versions, creating branches and tags, and creating patches etc.